SMALL BUSINESS PRACTICE
WHAT YOU DO NOT KNOW----CAN HURT YOU. . .
Part of Joe’s practice is finding legal solutions to help small businesses achieve their business goals. Working with small businesses is particularly rewarding because he has the opportunity to help entrepreneurs create and grow their business. Even the smallest business has legitimate legal needs and Joe matches appropriate legal services and to the particular business.
It is much more cost effective to consult with counsel before one encounters legal problems. Small business owners should not be afraid to call their lawyer because of fear of the cost. Accordingly, Joe believes in partnering with business owner in a cost effective way to meet their needs.
One way that Joe does this is by his “Business-Check-Up” . . .
JOE’S BUSINESS CHECK UP
Just as individuals need a medical check up, small businesses need a periodic check up to maintain their health. He realizes that finding time to go to your lawyer’s office is difficult with travel and parking, etc.. It takes time away from the business during your peak times during the day.
Joe will come to your place of business and review various aspects of your business including your concerns and questions. This “CHECK UP” is offered at a flat fee. If you desire additional consultation or documents created, you and Joe will agree upon what is to be done and the fee. Joe will quote “flat fees” for many projects and this allows the business owner to “budget” for this business expense.
The “CHECK UP” includes:
1. IS YOUR BUSINESS STRUCTURE CORRECT ?
- SHOULD YOU BUSINESS BE--- PROPRIETORSHIP; PARTNERSHIP; LLC OR CORPORATION ?
2. CONTRACT REVIEW.
- DO YOU USE WRITTEN CONTRACTS ?
- DO YOUR CONTRACTS CONTAIN ALL THE TERMS THEY NEED ?
- INDEMNITY AND HOLD HARMLESS PROVISIONS ?
3. NEED A BUSINESS LEASE OR REVIEW OF PROPOSED LEASE.
4. LIABILITY PROTECTION. INSURANCE.
- DO YOU HAVE THE COVERAGE YOU NEED?
- ARE YOU BEING ASKED TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT THAT MIGHT VOID YOUR INSURANCE COVERAGE?
5. EMPLOYEE ISSUES.
6. RISK MANAGEMENT.
7. CORPORATE GOVERNANCE.
CALL TO SCHEDULE A BUSINESS VISIT WITH JOE OR CLICK HERE TO SEND AN EMAIL.